Enjoy a weekend in nature with family or friends. You can book this weekend as it is, or you can adapt it according to your preferences, more adventure sport, more culture, more family activities. Whatever you want.
In the afternoon, guided tour of the historical and artistic complex of the Bellpuig Monastery, founded in the 12th century, declared a Cultural Asset of National Interest in 1931. The guided tour consists of a walk through the history of the Monastery from the buildings, sculptures and other details present in the surroundings of the Monastery. The approximate duration of the visit is one hour.
Rest of the afternoon at leisure, for walking or resting.
The restaurant “El Claustre” of the Monestir de les Avellanes presents the new Astronomical Menu designed by the chefs themselves with the collaboration of the scientific director of the Center for Observation of the Universe.
- Appetizer: BLUE GIANT STAR (Foie micuit toast with blackberry).
- Entrance: VENUS CRATER (Crumbled goat cheese with Iberian feather and fried quail egg).
- Main dish: MIDNIGHT SUN (Cod au gratin with black spaghetti and broccoli cream).
- Dessert: GALAXY COLLISION (Cookie ground with cheese mousse and orange ice cream with strawberry cream)
Parc Astronòmic del Montsec
The Parc Astronòmic del Montsec (PAM) takes advantage of the unique skills and potential of the Montsec area to carry out research, training and dissemination of science, especially astronomy.
Day or night visits, general or family visits can be made. Visits include a session at the planetarium of the Eye of Montsec 3D (mobile dome 12m in diameter), where you will see a different show depending on the visit (Polaris, We are stars, Asteroid: Extreme Mission, Lucia the secret of the stars fleeting). The tour also includes a guided tour of the Telescope Park, to discover the sun on day trips and the moon and planets on night tours. Finally, you can take a free tour of the Astronomy Exhibition and the Starlight Room.
In the morning, kayak excursion through the Mont-rebei gorge, with stunning cliffs that are reflected in the water and offer us a suggestive and changing spectacle. Go on kayak and return by boat. There are many other possible excursions, this is the lightest and most suitable for families with children.
End of services
PRICES (2020 rates)
- Adults, from 120€ per person
- Families, 2 adults + 2 children up to 10 years old: 65€ supplement per child.
CONDITIONS & DATES
- Minimum 6 people to visit the Monastery.
- Timing to be agreed according to the group and availability
- To customize or change this experience, please click here.
- 1 night accommodation in a double or family room for 4 people, breakfast included
- Guided tour of the Monastery of Les Avellanes
- Dinner at “El Claustre” restaurant. Astronomical adults and children’s menu.
- Entrance to the Montsec Astronomical Park, planetarium, telescope and exhibition
- Excursion to the Mont-Rebei gorge, kayaking, return by boat. 4-seater kayak in the case of 2 adults with 2 children.
- Tourist tax
- Anything not specified in the “INCLUDE” section
DOUBLE SECURITY IN FRONT OF COVID-19
- All our suppliers apply all the prevention and safety protocols established by the health authorities, to prevent contagion.
- In case of cancellation due to covid-19 (impossibility to travel, lockdown of the area) all payments made will be refunded.