SUSTAINABLE and RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL
At Magnific Groups we are committed to sustainability, our goal being to improve the positive effects of tourism, but minimizing the social, environmental and ecological impact.
Sustainable and responsible tourism is no longer a luxury or a rarity, it is a necessity and an obligation if we want to make a better world.
So, we have incorporated sustainability into our organisation, relationships and programs.
IN OUR ORGANISATION
At MagnificGroups we try to do our bit. From an environmental point of view or to help stopping the climate change, we make responsible use of energy and water, we have eliminated almost all paper and we promote the use of public transport or walking.
From a social and economic point of view, we promote fair and equitable working conditions, as well as we try to apply these same criteria to our suppliers and partners.
And for all this we have received the distinctive BIOSPHERE SUSTAINABLE CERTIFIED. We invite you to consult our Responsible Tourism Policy and visit the Magnific Groups tab on the Biosphere Sustainable website.
OUR SERVICES OR PROGRAMS
We offer our clients sustainable and responsible programs, for example:
- Booking sustainable certified accommodation.
- Use public transport whenever possible or design tours that allow walking parts.
- Encourage bookings in restaurants with km zero food.
In addition, we try to allocate between 40 and 50% of the trip budget to small local businesses.
Finally, for each group, we calculate the amount of carbon footprint they will leave and propose to compensate this amount in projects or activities that contribute by improving the environment or by slowing down climate change.
We are also very aware of accessible tourism and therefore we are developing a page with all the necessary information. Meanwhile, our clients can consult all the information here.
OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR PARTNERS
Like us, our service providers or partners are either certified as sustainable companies or activities, or are in the process, and therefore apply some measures concerning sustainability.
We promote between our clients the decalogue of good practices:
RESPECT FOR PEOPLE AT DESTINATION
- Respect the culture, traditions, religion and day to day rules of the people on your destination.
- Try to interact with locals to learn and understand their way of life.
SUPPORT LOCAL ECONOMY
- Whenever it is possible, use local and licensed guides, so you get real and true explanations, and you avoid intrusion into the tourist sector.
- When buying souvenirs, look for local shops or suppliers, handmade arts and crafts. Avoid imported items that does not belong to the local culture.
- As for restaurants, better look for local food places, using km zero supplies, so you can discover the rich culinary tradition of the place. You can also pay interest in how it is cooked and even learn how to prepare some typical dishes.
PRESERVE THE ENVIRONMENT
- When planning your trip, keep your vouchers and tickets in your mobile, do not print them.
- In your hotel or accommodation behave like at home, do not waste water or electricity
- When moving around, try to use public transportation or, if possible, move on foot. You will discover better the place you are visiting.
- Reduce the use of plastics and general waste.
- Reuse the materials that can be reused instead of throwing them away.
- Recycle all what you can: plastic, paper, glass, batteries, etc.
- Respect the nature, do not degrade the ecosystem and respect plants and animals.
- As a summary, try not to leave traces of your passage.
EXAMPLES OF SUSTAINABLE ACTIVITIES
We propose a maximum of activities to be made using public transport or walking. Only for bigger distances, night services, or other situations we will include private transport in the program. And in any case we use environment sensitive coach companies, or Biosphere certified.
SUSTAINABLE PACKED LUNCH
If the group needs a packed lunch, we will propose a 100% ECO friendly menu.
We are committed to local and km zero food and ingredients, organic farming, fair trade and biodegradable and compostable packaging. So we reduce as maximum as possible waste.
LOOK, TOUCH AND DISCOVER THE ANIMALS!
Active classroom workshop for participants, where they will learn the biology of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians. Participants will have the opportunity to observe, touch and learn the characteristics of this group of living animals.
The workshop will deal with animal biology, as well as aspects of environmental awareness, responsible animal ownership, respect for living things and their importance to the planet.
THE IMPORTANCE OF TREES, LET’S MAKE RECYCLED PAPER!
This activity aims to introduce participants to understand how important plants are and more specifically trees to the planet. Why are they so important? What are the reasons for their decline?
What can we do to help and care for our planet? At the end of the workshop there is a practical part where participants will make handmade recycled paper.
preparING A HEALTHY MEAL WITH ZERO KM FOOD
Food is an essential part of our lives and we often do not give it the importance it deserves. In this workshop, the importance and necessity of having a balanced diet are explained, as well as the use of food of good quality, healthy and locally produced is encouraged.
Finally, the group prepares its lunch, an easy, original menu with zero km food.
Visit A RECYCLING ECOPARK
Guided tour of the Barcelona Ecopark, a recycling centre, where the group will learn about the metropolitan municipal waste management model.
The tour also invites to think about the role that each one has to minimize waste and how to make a good recycling in our homes to reduce the impact on the environment.
LET’S TALK ABOUT ENERGY AND MAKE A SOLAR OVENnal
The future of our planet lies in the correct use of our resources, minimizing environmental impacts. It is therefore a workshop with the aim of raising awareness about the problems in the use of energy in today’s society. We will learn what energy sources we use, advantages, disadvantages and impacts they cause. We will look at the relationship between global warming and energy use. We will understand where our responsibility lies, what actions we can take to reduce the problem and work together for a more sustainable and cleaner world. Finally, we will make a solar oven with recycled material to heat food. The activity will allow us to understand the power and importance of the Sun and experiment with alternatives to the use of conventional energy.
¿DO YOU WANT TO COMPENSATE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT?
We help you calculate it and we propose projects to compensate your emissions.
ASK FOR YOUR QUOTATION NOW
Let’s start! Do not wait longer. We will contact you and will prepare for you a personalised program at no cost.