Modernism was a movement developed in Catalonia especially during the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century. Not only Barcelona was transformed, but also Reus, the birthplace of Antoni Gaudi, the most famous modernist genius. This modernist weekend offers the discovery of his works, accompanied by a your guide who will make you understand how nature, animals and colors are the main elements, which you will find during the visits. Apart from this modernist immersion, this program will also allow you to discover the rich Catalan gastronomy and taste some of its specialties.
This complete weekend includes a visit to Modernist Barcelona and also to Reus, Gaudí’s birthplace. We can also add a day of modernist visits or extend the stay or visit other corners of Catalonia, such as the Mont-Rebei area or the Delta de l’Ebre. Delta.
Day 1. Arrival on Friday
Group pick-up at the airport and transfer to the hotel booked for check-in. Then free time to explore the surroundings of the hotel. In the evening, guided walk in the old town and Gothic Quarter, to learn a little about the history of Barcelona. Then a tapas dinner to taste some specialties such as patatas bravas, prawns al ajillo, croquetas or other delicacies.
Back to the hotel, accommodation.
Day 2. Saturday, Modernism in Barcelona
After breakfast, meeting with the guide to start a full day tour dedicated to Modernism:
- Sagrada Familia, guided visit included
- Park Gûell, guided visit included
- Casa Amatller, guided visit included
- Casa Batlló, seen from outside
- La Pedrera, seen from outside
Lunch in front of the sea in Barcelona, to taste one of the best paellas in town.
At the end of the day, back to the hotel, dinner and accommodation.
Day 3. Sunday, Reus birthplace of Gaudí
After breakfast and checking out of the hotel, the bus takes us to Reus, approximately 130 km south of Barcelona. It is Gaudí’s hometown, where he lived until the age of 18. There you can find around 80 modernist works by the most important architects, such as Gaudí, but also Domenech i Montaner. The tour starts at the Gaudí Center and continues with a walking tour of the city center, to see some examples, such as Casa Navàs, Gaudí’s birthplace, Casa Rull, Pere Mata Institute, etc.
Free time for lunch and then drive back to the airport.
End of our services
Add one day to your stay
We suggest you to extend this weekend with an additional day in Barcelona, to learn more about Modernism, by visiting the Palau de la Música Catalana and the Colònia Güell.
If you prefer to change Modernism by nature, we offer 2 options:
Delta de l’Ebre : 2 days in Delta de l’Ebre area to get to know the Natural Park, taste oysters, mussels, local gastronomy, visit the rice fields, beaches, and other wonders of this still little known area.
Mont-Rebei : 2 days to discover these spectacular gorges, on foot, by kayak, boat or balloon, stay in an old monastery, taste artesanal beers and visit Penelles, a small village known for its street art.
- This program is just one example.
- Accommodation will be booked according to dates of travelling, the budget and the size of the group.
- We customize all tours and programs, adapted to the needs of the group.
- If the group is planning to visit Barcelona or Catalonia, let yourself be advised. We are experts and we know the country perfectly well, so we can offer interesting and original activities.
- To customize or change this program, click here.
INTERESTING POINTS OF THIS PROGRAM
- Guided tours with a official guide according to the above program.
- Private bus for transfers and visits.
- Complete gastronomic experience with varied menus and typical specialties.
- 24 hour emergency phone.
- Whispers included for tours to help maintaining safety distances.
DOUBLE SECURITY AGAINTS COVID-19
- All our suppliers apply all prevention and safety protocols established by the health authorities, to avoid infection by Covid-19.
- In the event of cancellation due to Covid-19 (inability to travel due to area restrictions or services closure) all payments made will be refunded.